Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2010, 06:19 AM   #1
New Camper

Just arrived home from our first trip this year..... While unhooking the Crossroads Cruiser the right front landing leg would not extend nor retract....The left leg operates just fine. The long bar that runs between the two bars inside the front basement is turning. I applied pressure both upwards and downwards on the right leg but still seems frozen......Any suggestions would be helpful.....

ledk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Led,

I assume by right front leg you mean the leg on the entry door side of the rig. There is a drive pin at each end of the square tube that you refer to as the long bar that runs between the 2 legs. Check to see if the one on the right leg is missing or sheared off. If the pin is OK and you can see the round shaft that goes into the leg turning then the problem must be internal to the leg mechanism. I've seen the drawings of the leg internals and I know there are drive pins on the horizontal and vertical bevel gears inside the leg mechanism. But I have never taken one apart. That's probably ajob for your dealer unless you are mechanically inclined.

But if it is the external pin that you can see and get to, it should be an easy fix. You could use a small bolt as a temporary fix until you can get a replacement pin.

If the leg is stuck in the full up position you may have jammed the drive screw and it may have sheared one of those 3 drive pins. When I got my walk thru when I bought my Cruiser the dealer tech told me to never run the gear all the way up as it could break something. So I marked the leg where they had it in the up position and that is my "never retract beyond" mark.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
New Camper

Rdige

After your reply I checked the long bar and found that the screw and nut were in fact missing from the from right leg side. Looks like a nice easy fix. I will get on this first thing tommorow. BIG THANKS for your response. Saved me some big dollars...

Old 04-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

hello ledk9 -- I see your location as CT. We are from same (Canton) but left 12 years ago to become fulltimers. Is there a CrossRoads dealer/service area in CT that I haven't found yet? Hemlock Hill maybe? We will be heading there for 2 months this summer with a brand new Kingston.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Led,

Glad I could help. That's what this froum is all about.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:54 AM   #6
New Camper

Bill

HI-WAY Campers located in Plainfield is a Crossroads Dealer. I have used their service center in the past and found them to do nice work. Thier are several nice campgrounds in this area......