Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2020, 10:45 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

Sweet. Glad your issues are under control.
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:53 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
I have been following this thread and am glad you are getting your situation back to normal. I will say that on my rig, the fans didn't really come on at the correct temps so I disconnected the thermal switch and added a manual switch to turn the fan on/off as the outside temp dictates. When I replaced my fridge a few years ago I really studied the manufacturers directions and found out CR did NOT install the fridge correctly. There is a lot of ducting requirements that were not adhered to. My new fridge works great. I wrote a long informational post on what I did and should be searchable on this forum if interested.

Stan did an excellent write up when he installed the fridge in his camper. Here is the link to it. Very informative and well worth reading.
https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...rned-9312.html
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:33 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

Good write up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
I have been following this thread and am glad you are getting your situation back to normal. I will say that on my rig, the fans didn't really come on at the correct temps so I disconnected the thermal switch and added a manual switch to turn the fan on/off as the outside temp dictates. When I replaced my fridge a few years ago I really studied the manufacturers directions and found out CR did NOT install the fridge correctly. There is a lot of ducting requirements that were not adhered to. My new fridge works great. I wrote a long informational post on what I did and should be searchable on this forum if interested.

Stan, I found and read your writeup. Thanks for taking the time to document your discoveries. I'm fortunate my refrigerator is not installed in a slideout. I've put digital thermometers in both the refrig and freezer with a remote display. At current it's on one of the "warmetst" settings (2 of 5) and readings are 41 and -9 deg F. So far the fans have not shut off, been running 36 hrs. I tied the fans to a control signal from the controller that should turn the fans off if the refrig stops cooling but so far they fans have never shut off, so I guess the cooling cycle isn't complete or something else is wrong. Perhaps it's time to verify the thermocouple in the refrig is working correctly.
Here's a link to the digital thermometers. I've used these to monitor refrigerators in my garage for years.

AcuRite 02083M Home Temperature & Humidity Station with 3 Indoor/Outdoor Sensors
Link: - https://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-02083...%2C322&sr=1-19

Dustin and Doris

2018 Crossroads, Sunset Trail 33CK,
38', 7600 lbs empty, 8300 lbs loaded.
2016 Tundra: 5.7L with towing package with added "Roadmaster Active Suspension"
toolman.dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:00 PM   #24
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
You may want to pull the cover on the roof vent for the refrigerator just to check for a obstruction. Things like to build nests there and you should check there every year when you de-winterize. Also while it is off look down in behind the refrigerator and see if there is a fan from the factory. Our cruiser has one but the refrigerator is in a slide. The camper before this one had one and the refrigerator was not in a slide. They are on a thermostat so they do not run all the time so you may never hear it.
I have the same issue, the freezer is working great, but the fridge is not cooling. How do you remove the roof vent and what am I looking for. The mud daubers are notorious here, in fact, just spent 2 hours fishing out a muddauber nest out of my heat flue for the gas water heater.
this is in a 2013 HCT32RL. fridge is not in a slide. is there supposed to be a fan inside the back of the fridge compartment ? I have had this for 7 years and never had this problem. Have not installed any screen or changed anything. I just noticed as I prep for a trip next weekend. Any help appreciated !
Ready to Rumble
cwalther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:29 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalther1 View Post
I have the same issue, the freezer is working great, but the fridge is not cooling. How do you remove the roof vent and what am I looking for. The mud daubers are notorious here, in fact, just spent 2 hours fishing out a muddauber nest out of my heat flue for the gas water heater.
this is in a 2013 HCT32RL. fridge is not in a slide. is there supposed to be a fan inside the back of the fridge compartment ? I have had this for 7 years and never had this problem. Have not installed any screen or changed anything. I just noticed as I prep for a trip next weekend. Any help appreciated !

There is an oblong cover over the fridge vent on the roof. I think mine has four screws holding it on. The heads of the screws will/should have a dob of Dicor on them to seal it. You will have to remove the sealant to get at the screws. When you get the cover off it should be pretty self explanatory.

If they insulated with fiberglass bat insulation, check and make sure it's in place and hasn't fallen down where it don't belong.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:46 PM   #26
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
There is an oblong cover over the fridge vent on the roof. I think mine has four screws holding it on. The heads of the screws will/should have a dob of Dicor on them to seal it. You will have to remove the sealant to get at the screws. When you get the cover off it should be pretty self explanatory.

If they insulated with fiberglass bat insulation, check and make sure it's in place and hasn't fallen down where it don't belong.
Looks like I just wasn't patient enough. The freezer starts to cool down within 15 minutes, but the fridge section takes a lot longer, I checked it again about 2 hours later and it had started to cool down. Will check it again in the morning, but I'm sure it will be cold in there.
It was 99 degrees here today, but I have run this fridge in hotter temps. Don't really understand why people are having to install extra fans for theirs to work. Sounds like a poor design. Mine works great, in the hot Texas sun.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:49 PM   #27
Weekend Camper

Oh, and thanks Lloyd for the response. I crawled up there and saw the putty over the 4 screws, just wanted to know what i was looking for before I tore into that. Luckily I didn't have to. Hasnt been leaking, and don't want it to start now.
Ready to Rumble
Old 07-17-2020, 07:17 PM   #28
Site Team

When we use our refrigerator we turn it on at least 1 day before we go to load it. And don't open the door any more then we have to. Just a few things you learn along the way.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezer, n8x, norcold, refrigerator