Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2020, 08:07 PM   #1
New Camper

Paint

I have a 2014 Crusier and the front and rear of camper has faded badly. Has anyone had success getting crossroads to warranty the paint. It is suppose to be a 10 year warranty.
Daddymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:22 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I had my front cap repainted under warranty. on my 2013. Seems like it was in the first year or so, unable remember for sure. I'm showing a lot of fade under the fifth wheel area now, They just painted the cap. Cruiser emblem was not replaced either.
RVCRUISER34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:23 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Front and back are fiberglass like a boat, not paint but colour is in the gelcoat, only real fix is to have it painted like a car.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 02:44 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
I have a 2014 Crusier and the front and rear of camper has faded badly. Has anyone had success getting crossroads to warranty the paint. It is suppose to be a 10 year warranty.
We have a 2013 Cruiser where the front faded as well. My RV dealer phoned Crossroads and they said it wasnt under warranty unless we had an extended warranty which nobody offered it to us when we boughy it. Paid $1,200 for the front to be shellaced. Had to redo the decals too. Back iz fine. Now my side that faces the sun most is hazy and crackly looking. My RV dealer says the coating they put on them now doesnt fade. Not sure about ur year for warranty. Ticks u off after paying big bucks.
gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 03:01 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Good ruck! Bite the bullet and get it painted. Less hassel and less time. Got mine painted at local body shop around $750 front.
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:27 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCRUISER34 View Post
I had my front cap repainted under warranty. on my 2013. Seems like it was in the first year or so, unable remember for sure. I'm showing a lot of fade under the fifth wheel area now, They just painted the cap. Cruiser emblem was not replaced either.
Need to get mine painted. Have gotten quotes in the $3500 range. Need to find a lower price. I live in the twin cities area. Would you mind telling me the name of the shop?
Old 06-08-2020, 07:42 AM   #7
New Camper

We have a 2013 (purchased in 2012) and the front cap fading was repaired under warranty in 2016. We did not have an extended warranty, process was simple. I don't know exactly what they did but I think they took it to a transport truck spray booth. New stickers where applied afterwards. Keep fighting with Crossroad if the dealer doesn't help - they are well aware of the issue.
Marc_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:38 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.O. Plenty View Post
Need to get mine painted. Have gotten quotes in the $3500 range. Need to find a lower price. I live in the twin cities area. Would you mind telling me the name of the shop?
Hi B.O. Plenty,
I live near Elk River, and shopped around to get my front cap repainted. I got some pretty high estimates from regular body shops. One explained that they basically have to make a paint booth around it, because their regular booth is too small.
I got mine painted at Gat'r Truck Center in Elk River for a little more than $1000. Decals extra. I had a hard time getting some decals, and others (like the main mural) where not available.
Oh, and I removed the decals.. not a fun job.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:49 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Wingerdinger, did you replace your decals and, if so, where did you get them.

I'm in the process of getting my front cap repainted and searching around for the decals. I found one place in Edmonton, Alberta https://www.rvdecalsdirect.com/ that carries a large selection of decals for various brands including Sunset Trail Reserve. I found them listed under the 2015 model like yours and they are identical to the ones on my 2014 which I believe was built in 2013(?). The only problem is getting a hold of them to get some more information. Not much listed on their website for contact or location except an info@ email number.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:04 PM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakherder View Post
Wingerdinger, did you replace your decals and, if so, where did you get them.

I'm in the process of getting my front cap repainted and searching around for the decals. I found one place in Edmonton, Alberta https://www.rvdecalsdirect.com/ that carries a large selection of decals for various brands including Sunset Trail Reserve. I found them listed under the 2015 model like yours and they are identical to the ones on my 2014 which I believe was built in 2013(?). The only problem is getting a hold of them to get some more information. Not much listed on their website for contact or location except an info@ email number.
I got the decals that were available from a Local Crossroads (Keystone) dealer, they ordered them from Keystone. The original large 'Sunset Trail' letters were replaced by the smaller ones, the same as the ones on the rear. I didn't like the idea when I heard that, but they put them on, and I actually prefer them. The 'Reserve' Lettering was not available, but it's only lettering, so easily duplicated. The large scenic mural was no longer available, but any custom decal shop can make one from any picture you bring them. I liked that idea, and plan (haven't done it yet) to have our favorite woods scene made.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:30 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Don't know if you checked out the link I sent but the decals they list for the 2015 Sunset Trail are identical to the ones I'm taking off. The decal 54" is $48 and the Woods and Star is $148 Canadian. With the money conversion you would get the decals and they would have to give you some money as well, ha ha.

How long ago did you get your decals and where is the Keystone dealer.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:31 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Forgot to mention that I got the RESERVE decal made locally for $90 CD$.