Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2020, 08:09 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Replace shower pan

I have a 2013 CR Sunset Trail Reserve. ST29RL13.

I just noticed that the shower pan has cracked around the drain. Pretty bad crack, 2-3" long. Just noticed it last night so haven't gotten under it to see if it's leaking but I don't see how it isn't.

Has anyone taken out and replaced the shower pan? It's the neo angle corner shower. Glass doors on front three sides and plastic surround on the back/wall three sides.

It's a raised base with all the plumbing under the base.
I could reuse the glass and plastic surrounds.

I'm pretty good at normal house repairs, I've remodeled two houses that were built in the 50's.

Just wondering how hard this is going to be.

Also, any suggestions on where to get a new pan? Also, it probably needs to be heavy duty since I'm pushing 285 now.

Thanks, Bob
Old 05-29-2023, 02:50 PM   #2
New Camper

Shower Pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdh5574 View Post
I have a 2013 CR Sunset Trail Reserve. ST29RL13.

I just noticed that the shower pan has cracked around the drain. Pretty bad crack, 2-3" long. Just noticed it last night so haven't gotten under it to see if it's leaking but I don't see how it isn't.

Has anyone taken out and replaced the shower pan? It's the neo angle corner shower. Glass doors on front three sides and plastic surround on the back/wall three sides.

It's a raised base with all the plumbing under the base.
I could reuse the glass and plastic surrounds.

I'm pretty good at normal house repairs, I've remodeled two houses that were built in the 50's.

Just wondering how hard this is going to be.

Also, any suggestions on where to get a new pan? Also, it probably needs to be heavy duty since I'm pushing 285 now.

Thanks, Bob
Hi Bob, did you ever find a pan we have the same issue right now.
NL Derm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 03:15 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Shower Pan

No, I actually sold that trailer.

What I did to fix it before selling it was use clear epoxy to glue the crack and then cut short pieces of 3" PVC and placed them all under the pan. I cut them so that they had to be pushed into place and they won't move. That makes the pan almost attached to the flooring under it. It felt really firm after that even with my weight on it.

I didn't want to spend the money to replace it at the time.

Hope this helps,
Bob
Old 05-30-2023, 06:06 AM   #4
New Camper

Thanks for your replay, we have been using silicone and some leak seal and it has been holding but trying to find a more permanent solution.

Thanks again !
Old 06-06-2023, 08:38 PM   #5
New Camper

If you’re thinking on replacing the pan it looks pretty straight forward. Looks like you have to take it totally apart. When you replace the pan cut a piece of plywood for the underside and use pieces of pvc for support this way the whole pan is supported.
robert66r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 07:08 AM   #6
New Camper

Pan

Thanks Robert the problem I am having is finding the right pan was hoping to get a lead on here but no go so far. Thanks for the reply will make noye of it for installation.