Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2023, 05:35 PM   #1
New Camper

Switch panel

I have a 2015 crossroads cruiser aire 5th wheel. I removed the panel to fix a switch and this wire came unplugged and no clue where it was hooked too. Its for my awning led light and now that and my awning switch don't work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snapchat-1985838614.jpg (116.9 KB, 21 views)
Cwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 06:01 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I took a peek behind mine one day just to see what was there. One peek and I buttoned it up again.

It looks like one of the wires in the picture has been cut of or has come apart from another fitting. I redid my coroplast on the trailer bottom a couple of years ago and found that there was a bunch of wires running directly from under the floor that fed my panel. It may be that the rest of the wire has fallen down and to find it you would have to open up some of the coroplast directly below the switch box. Else, look for another electrical fitting on the back of the panel that is missing a wire.

Good luck and let us know how it went.
Old 07-06-2023, 07:18 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Unless there’s another connector behind the wood we can’t see, I can only think that it came out of the blue connector on the side that’s open.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 05:12 AM   #4
Site Team

You could try using an endoscope to see if you can find another wire that has fallen down. They are available on Amazon. Some are very reasonable. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=endoscope..._ts-doa-p_2_10

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 08:03 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Send a message via MSN to KECoats
Endoscope

Wow DavisK!! What a find.

Could have used this just last week to find where the drain line for my home kitchen sink was clogged. For 18 bucks could have saved mutiple trips to the hardware store.

Any home or RV owner could make excellent use of an endoscope to check out hidden water line leaks, drain pipe clogs, tank pileups, behind shower walls, above the chloroplast on and on. Many times we could have avoided taking the wrong things apart if we could have seen where the problem was beforehand.

Who knew what our gastroentorologists knew? Apparently DavisK knew. For 18 bucks, gotta have one. THANKS!!
KECoats is offline   Reply With Quote