I am introducing our family to the forum. I am Rhonda, my husband Chris and we have 2 boys under 6. This is our second BH camper, we previously had a VR-1.
At the end of July we purchased a 2016 Sunset Trail 300BH. We have camped twice in it so far. We have found several issues with it so far, but we do love the camper itself. We drove from TN to OH to get ours.
- Awning Led Lights failing in areas
- the Big slide out outlet has never worked
- some of the trim around the door is bowing because the nails/staples failed to make contact to the wall
- the outside outlet is now not working (we've found 2 GF outlets and resetting neither have helped)
- the outdoor kitchen door is often sticking or not lining up smoothly
- there was an area that was discolored like repair and a bad touchup occurred and the paint is a foggy different color
- many dents, picks and scratches in the front area
We have mentioned to the dealer that these items were overlooked in the PDI (pre delivery inspection). They made the manufacturer aware of the problems and they have noted them so we can get them fixed in warranty repair. Because we purchased the camper from out of town, we have encountered that most dealers in the area that service them are very unfriendly and most showed to be unwilling to take us in to work on these issues. That was very disappointing.
On our last outing, while putting the kids to bed I encountered excessive smoke entering the BH area. With further investigation we found two round air vents (we originally thought to be speakers) that opened up in the out door kitchen from the shelves in the storage of the BH. During our trip fire ring was right at the Kitchen area and we had the door raised to use the plugin cause the other wasn't working. I'm concerned for the fumes, extra heat entering the unit and the potential for bugs entering in through the 2 vents. They are round with slats that rotate. Is there a problem that these vents are insulated, should we forsee any problem?
Happy to join the group.