Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Our keypad never worked from day one. When I asked my humdinger of a dealer, they merely told me "they never work". I tried to get them to fix it, and you would have thought I wanted another RV. I finally identified the brand, and am in process of finding just what is wrong. I searched, and the keypad seems to eat the 3V CR2032 battery pretty quick.

So, I'm curious if anyone has hard wired the keypad? Ours is apparently stuck on the metal siding with double sided mounting tape. Seems if the batteries only last a couple months, one might need to buy stock in 3M. I did read that Southco offers good customer support, so a call to them is probably in the near future.

BTW, I don't use my dealer any more. I found an independent RV service here in Rockport that can do Crossroads warranty work. What a relief! Ever in Rockport and need service, shoot me a message and I'll clue you in.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
New Camper

Hi 2Slick

I'm with Southco. I can help you out. Give me a call when you get some time.

Sonny

(610) 459-4000

www.southco.com/eas

Edited by: sngo856
sngo856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Folks, I called Sonny with Southco and talked to him about the keyless entry. Within minutes of our conversation, I received a call from another Southco rep Sonny had recommended I talk to. They are shipping me a new improved keypad, in which batteries will last 3-5 years.

Now, that's what I call customer service! Don't hesitate to call them if you have issues with your Southco keyless entry system.....you'll be happy you did!

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
Old 08-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Well, just thought I would post an update. Took me about 6 weeks, but I finally got around to installing the new keypad and keyfob Southco sent me. Had to get Nick with Southco on the phone to help me mate the keypad to the transmitter. He was great, and walked me right through it.

It's a pretty easy deal....just remove the screen door, and I only had to remove the inner door window trim. Worked the transmitter out of the door and followed the instructions. Wife now has a keyfob on the key ring. Nice!

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
Old 08-14-2013, 03:11 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

It is good to see that other than the consumer reads this forum, great job Sonny,
RICK7458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Nice! I will be giving them a call to see about getting one.
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote