Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2023, 07:23 PM   #1
New Camper

Cameo CE3961MB - Inverter Question

I am looking at purchasing a CE3961MB 2022 model ( new ). I noticed that their are some things in the RV ( outside fridge, main fridge, and a handful of outlets ) have a circle sticker with a lightening bolt through it. It must indicate something, does anyone know what that indicates?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-3881.jpg (126.5 KB, 26 views)
Old 03-18-2023, 08:03 PM   #2
Site Team

It actually says it on it GFCI (ground-fault circuit interrupter). The GFCI is integrated in the outlet itself. When you plug in an appliance, such as a hair dryer, the GFCI outlet monitors the amount of power going to the device. If you accidentally drop the appliance into sink full of water, the GFCI detects the interruption in current and cuts the power ... and possibly saves your life.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 03-18-2023, 08:19 PM   #3
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
It actually says it on it GFCI (ground-fault circuit interrupter). The GFCI is integrated in the outlet itself. When you plug in an appliance, such as a hair dryer, the GFCI outlet monitors the amount of power going to the device. If you accidentally drop the appliance into sink full of water, the GFCI detects the interruption in current and cuts the power ... and possibly saves your life.
I appreciate you responding, but perhaps you should re-read my question? I'm asking about the circle sticker above the GFI plug, I noted their are a few different locations with that sticker on them, not just plugs, but also two refrigerators. I'm thinking it means the plug that has the sticker is getting power from the inverter, but am not sure.
Old 03-18-2023, 08:51 PM   #4
Site Team

Get it now.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 03-18-2023, 09:43 PM   #5
Site Team

You could disconnect from shore power and test the outlets.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:03 PM   #6
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
You could disconnect from shore power and test the outlets.
Tough crowd here. Just like the last guy, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer me, but if you guys could please read my question before answering, it would be extremely helpful for me.

I clearly said I'm looking at purchasing something. That usually means I don't own it, or haven't purchased it yet. I can't do what you suggested because I don't own the RV, Hence why I'm on the owners forum asking if anyone knows what it indicates.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:36 PM   #7
Site Team

Not a tough crowd just trying to answer a question for you. So I will ask this - You took the time to take the pictures so what did the dealer say it was for? According to the brochure if it has a residential refrigerator then it has a inverter. I would say those stickers are for inverter outlets but I am not at the dealer to ask.

Just a guess. Hope fully someone with one will chime in.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:42 PM   #8
New Camper

Quote:
Not a tough crowd just trying to answer a question for you. So I will ask this - You took the time to take the pictures so what did the dealer say it was for? According to the brochure if it has a residential refrigerator then it has a inverter. I would say those stickers are for inverter outlets but I am not at the dealer to ask.

Just a guess. Hope fully someone with one will chime in.
Well yes, I asked the dealer, the dealer said they were not sure. The dealer had to call the rep for crossroads a few times, because they don't really know the product too well. They were unsure what it was for, so I figured the next best thing to do would be to ask a bunch of people who own the same product if they might know what it's for. It seems like having an online forum of people who own the crossroad brand RV's to answer questions about cross road RV's would be a pretty logical place for me to head over to when getting nowhere at a dealer.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:50 PM   #9
Site Team

Hopefully someone with that model will chime in.

Good luck with the dealer if you do buy it. Basic knowledge of the product or a lack of sends me a message about that dealer.
Old 03-19-2023, 11:30 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

My '22 Cougar came with 2 solar panels on the roof and a 2000 watt inverter. The outlets which the inverter supplies power to are all labeled with a yellow sticker although different from the one pictured. Don't know if the model you're looking at is equipped with solar or is pre-wired for solar thus the yellow stickers. Not all of the outlets in the rig are labeled with the sticker or will work on solar. Got faked out a couple times on my recent month long trip with the Cougar. Experienced a couple campground power outages where the TV and satellite receiver would stay on cause they were plugged into a yellow labeled sticker but the fireplace below would turn off. Thought it was a fuse at first 'til I noticed other 110 outlets were dead. Live and learn with a new rig.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
Old 03-19-2023, 12:57 PM   #11
Site Team

After doing some research this morning I found out the Yellow Stickers are for the things - appliances/outlets that are inverter powered.

That is a nice camper. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:08 PM   #12
New Camper

Quote:
After doing some research this morning I found out the Yellow Stickers are for the things - appliances/outlets that are inverter powered.

That is a nice camper. Hope everything works out for you.
Thanks for taking the time on that! I was able to get ahold of the dealer to get ahold of the rep for crossroads, and they confirmed you are right.

It is in fact for plugs that are powered by the inverter. This seems like a pretty huge oversight on the marketing side for crossroads. It's not common to see this price point trailer have more than a single plug work off an inverter for the fridge. It's not in any of their own documentation or brochures! This seems like a pretty huge selling point.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:28 PM   #13
Site Team

If ordered with the 21 cu. ft. residential refrigerator it comes with a 1200 watt inverter and some inverter powered outlets.

Not sure if you have this but here is a link to the brochure --https://www.crossroadsrv.com/products/fifth-wheels/cameo/features-options/.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:30 PM   #14
New Camper

Quote:
If ordered with the 21 cu. ft. residential refrigerator it comes with a 1200 watt inverter and some inverter powered outlets.

Not sure if you have this but here is a link to the brochure --https://www.crossroadsrv.com/products/fifth-wheels/cameo/features-options/.
I have the same fridge. That brochure has no mention of anything other than the fridge being powered by an Inverter. It’s missed marketing imo
Old 03-24-2023, 06:21 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Send a message via MSN to KECoats
symbol

That circle with the bolt may also indicate that outlet is powered by solar panels. Are there solar panels on the roof? There are several symbols to indicate solar panel powered. Apparently there is no industry standard yet.
Old 03-24-2023, 06:30 AM   #16
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KECoats View Post
That circle with the bolt may also indicate that outlet is powered by solar panels. Are there solar panels on the roof? There are several symbols to indicate solar panel powered. Apparently there is no industry standard yet.
As far as I know solar panels can’t power outlets, only inverters can? Care to educate?
Old 03-25-2023, 07:47 AM   #17
Weekend Camper

Send a message via MSN to KECoats
Inverter

True, but the inverter may be getting power from solar panels. The following is copied from doing a google search on how solar panels provide energy to an outlet:

Each panel has a built-in micro inverter device that turns solar energy into direct current (DC), which the inverter then converts into alternating current (AC) that the home can use. Inverters can also cut power running from the panels to the outlet, which helps if the cord is accidentally unplugged.

Doing a google search on the symbol in your photo is where I got the suggestion about the symbols may indicate a solar panel powered plug.

You could also be doing google searches to answer some of your own questions.
Old 03-25-2023, 07:56 AM   #18
Site Team

Before this gets out of hand I am going to close this thread. The answer to the question was found.
Closed Thread