Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2020, 10:50 AM   #1
New Camper

Galley tank

I have a 2008 Crossroads Cruiser.
I cannot seem to drain my galley tank. It’s full and causing back up in the sink.
Anyone know solutions or secret to success?
RN with Wandering wheels
Sarah
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I have a 2008 Crossroads Cruiser.
I cannot seem to drain my galley tank. It’s full and causing back up in the sink.
Anyone know solutions or secret to success?
RN with Wandering wheels
Sarah

Sarah, please put the make, model, and year of your cruiser in your signature so we can help you.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 04:51 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I have a newer Crossroads than yours is, my control for the dump valves for both Black (toilet) and Grey (sinks/shower) is behind a locked hatch. thus are cabled to the valve.
Thus if yours is similar, either the cable has broken or has come off of the actual valve which would be hidden under the belly skin (area between the frame, under the trailer) . You can carefully cut the belly skin but be careful as wires may be laying on the skin (my Cruiser belly skin was a woven poly). If you cut into the belly you will need a tape to close the cut and this is what the RV dealer recommended - "Scrim Shield Repair Tape" that I found on Amazon. It is the only tape that I have found that will stay in place on the bottom of a RV.
I actually bought the 180 ft roll, as replaced the woven poly with Black Coroplast - big job but will last the life of the trailer. Here is the long description - Surface Shields 4 Inch x 180 Foot AP Products 022-BP4180 Scrim Shield Repair Tape-4" x 180'