Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #41
Weekend Camper

NoresKY: I put the other stabilizer bars on similar to the JT's, I Don't have a kingpin stabilizer and I find 80 to 90 % of the rocking disappears as long as you set them up correctly. I find that the other trick is to tighten up the back stabilizer legs before you tighten up the front ones. Also loosen and re-tighten after being in one place a day or two.

2012 335SS

2009 Chev 2500HD 6.0 L gas
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #42
Weekend Camper

The stabilzers I installed were the Steadyfastbrand, see the following link for the you tube video: .I highly recommend them for a couple of reasons: a) they were a bit cheaper than the JTs, b) they are easier to install, only two for the front and one for the back - less holes to drill, less worrying about where to place time to avoid propane lines ( there are no bars attached to the drivers side of the trailer - see video) on my 335SS, and easier to adjust and loosen, and clamps are easier to maintain.

Edited by: Boomer

2012 335SS

Old 10-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #43
Weekend Camper

Wild Wild west: When you have some time, could you describe the installation of your hard- wired surge protector? I bought one and have never installed it it just because I cannot decide on the best location to put it. I know that the 345 is very similar to my 335SS and I think I could benefit from your advice. Thanks in advance.

2012 335SS

Old 10-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #44
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator447
Scott,
Thanks for this great report. I also had a 4,000 plus mile trip over 3 months this summer. Most of it with no problems on the part of my unit. I did stop at the factory prior to the rally to have some mods done by Randy and the boys. I did have the Never Fail Bushings installed, had them modify my water pump also, and add a few things for me. I had my dealer install the JT StrongArms and never regretted that.

What I would like to ask you is if you could possibly expound on or post some pictures of what you did with the mods to the bed structure. I have thought of that from day one and would like to increase the support there as we full time in our unit. I had ordered the dual airbags for my F-250 and even talked to the dealer before ordering them and they assured me they would fit. They got here and I took it to my mechanic and they wouldn't bit. I'm now thinking about either the Bilstein's or something else at this point. My unit rides well with my truck but I am always looking for ways to increase the ride and add anything that will increase my safety.

Thanks, travel well,
Jim

Pretty simple mod for the bed in the 345RF. I probably could have been fancier, but this works. There isn't as much space under the bed because of the standard type slide (not Schwintek). So I just used the existing area for support by building it up with 2X4's and 1X4's to get the right thickness to spread out the weight underneath - bed didn't move.

Not real clear, but hopefully it gives the idea.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #45
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
Wild Wild west: When you have some time, could you describe the installation of your hard- wired surge protector? I bought one and have never installed it it just because I cannot decide on the best location to put it. I know that the 345 is very similar to my 335SS and I think I could benefit from your advice. Thanks in advance.

Actually the 345RF and 335SS are a fair bit different due to location of the fuse panel. We have a closet to the left of the stairs as you go up where the fuse panel is located, I believe yours is to the right of the stairs and may need access through the basement. We couldn't access ours through the basement so I just installed in behind the panel, which could very well be possible for yours as well. Tight space to work in since it was shaped like a triangle, but here's some pics of my mod. I do recommend putting it behind the fuse panel and then placing the remote somewhere you can easily see it. We placed ours out of sight in the closet. There's another link here with an install in the 335SS. Here is the link.

http://forums.crossroadsrv.com/forum...urge-protector

Edited by: WildWildWest
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #46
Weekend Camper

Thanks Wild ! You and Norsky have given some good idea.

2012 335SS