Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #61
Gone Traveling

Yes there is a lemon law threw all states threw the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

The
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, specifically under the implied warranty of merchantability. This unit will not do what it is supposed to do, and there are many items that are significantly wrong. This unit was not fit to be sold.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #62
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for the update.

I hope nobody whines about the update.

It's good to hear what is happening in your situation.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #63
Full Time Camper

This is a terrible saga you are showing great patience. I certainly hope you can resolve this it has been a long and dissapointing road for you folks. Crossroads has to step up on this one. Good luck and I hope you can continue to maintain your good nature under these very trying circumstances.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
Old 11-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #64
Gone Traveling

Thank you Socoguy for your kind words of encouragement. We also hope Crossroads and the Rushmore line holds there end of there service guarantee . i copied and paste part of it below.

The Difference

Quality, Service, Value & Comfort...A Unique Combination

Nowhere will you find such dedication to quality, value, service, and comfort.

Quality

CrossRoads quality is unsurpassed in its class.

Value

CrossRoads offers you value by offering more standards than options, and more quality for an affordable price.

Service

CrossRoads supports our superior products with exceptional service. Along with our dealer community, we are committed to your satisfaction. Together we work hard to understand your RV lifestyle needs...and together we will perform for you.
Comfort

CrossRoads design features offer optimized utilization of space along with modern, comfortable design that is comparable to the feel of your own home.
It seems simple and expected that a company should provide all four of these elements in each transaction, doesn't it? While everyone says it, CrossRoads means it.
Together our consistency in providing quality, value, service and comfort .

Crossroads talks about

Quality, Service, Value & Comfort...A Unique Combination

Now ,lets see if the walk the talk

Have a great week everyone

Interesting enough they only have to talk Quality, service , value and comfort with a one year warranty. If Crossroads is that great, why don't they reintroduce there two year warranty like the rest of fifth wheel company's offer.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #65
Weekend Camper

Must of been a friday completion. Lemon

Ram 3500
Rushmore Monticello
Old 12-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #66
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick View Post
...our big slides are hydraulic. Only the BR is Schwintek...
Why would one unit have two different types of slides mechanisms? If anyone knows, please advise. Is this something everyone should question when buying a unit with more than one slide?
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
Old 12-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #67
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnr View Post
Thanks for the update.

I hope nobody whines about the update.

It's good to hear what is happening in your situation.
X2 I want to know what CR is doing about this multitude of problems. It was interesting to read that one dealer sent back the two that were on their lot.

Keep posting updates and thanks.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
Old 12-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #68
Gone Traveling

It is not uncommon for a manufacture to use one or more slide designs based on costs, and engeering design based on slide size and load capability This is what i know from other Rushmore Customers i have spoke with.
The 2012 build had hydraulic slides in the living room and kitchen and the bedroom are schwintec.
The 2013 and 2014 builds up to Oct 31/13 had the kitchen slide and two bedroom slides using schwintec and the living room using conventional electric slide technological..meaning old school electric.
I have yet to see a new build 2014 but i know by crossroads web site the living room and kitchen slides have gone back to Hydraulic slides and I'm not sure about the bedroom slides .
I will tell you our 2013 Rushmore kitchen slide is extremely under built in my opinion or over loaded for the Schwintex slide design. The bottom of the slide is distorted severely around the five rollers. The distortion is so bad around the fridges and the cupboards next to the stove it is tearing the cupboards apart. So Far Crossroads say that is how they build them which is unexceptionable.You don't have to be a engineer to see something tearing itself apart and causing damage. It's my guest the slide is poorly engineered that could be the reason the schwintec slide motors to fail. What going to happen to us when Crossroads febel one warranty when it is over . We the comsumer will be stuck with this lemon design and the costs assoicated to keep useing. I think crossroads new this and reduce there prior two year warranty for one year. Rushmore new purchase customers beware. Make sure you purchase extended warranty for as long as you can get it for.....you are going to need it if you consider purchasing a 2013-2014 model built up to Oct 31/13.
We are now broken down 21 days and stranded in Mesa AZ with a untowable unit on our vacation with over 68 repairs in the process with only one third of the repairs completed. We could be stuck here until the new year. My wife wants to fly home with our five kids and call it a day leaving me 1600 miles from home while Crossroads deals with this defective unit.
We also do not have a answer from Lippert frames why our pin box travel 1.5 inches before lifting the structure. This movement has torn our closet walls and moldings apart .

As for help from Crossroads our contacts are Mark Quinn and Ron Howard. Both of them have not return our emails for the past seven plus days.

I have heard some dealers are returning there units to the factory but i can not confirm this.
I know our rv dealer i purchase my unit from in CA has stop stocking and selling Crossroads Rushmore products because of there poor QC and build construction. There opinion was base on trying to maintain customer satisfaction with this product.They have a customer who is suing Crossroads as we speak. Interesting enough this other customer bought his Rushmore one week apart from us at the same dealer. What are the changes two lemons back to back???
Check out Crossroads Forum site for many many other disappointed Rushmore customers!

CAN ANYONE HELP US.
We are stuck between a rock and a hard spot
Sorry for the long reply, i just feel the world needs to know!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #69
Full Time Camper

From what I have seen on the forum, emails are not as useful as telephone calls. Hopefully, you are documenting your conversations. Also, why does CR not have the unit towed back to the factory to repair? Also, are they giving you any additional warranty on the repairs? Good luck.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
Old 12-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #70
Gone Traveling

We have requested a new Unit with two year warranty. We are presently on our winter vacation in AZ from Canada. Where are we suppose to stay if they arranged to shipped this unit to the factory, buy the way Crossroads actually had the nerve to ask us to tow it 5000 miles round trip on our dime to make repairs in the middle of our vacation. They also said they could not work on it until Feb 1/14, are you kidding me. I think Crossroads are working threw a tall pile of issues with too small of resources to pull themselves out. Mean while customers like us suffer . We would have not even made it to the factory with all our problems. Three out four slides have failed etc.................... and 68 other problems and counting.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #71
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglenn View Post
We have requested a new Unit with two year warranty. We are presently on our winter vacation in AZ from Canada. Where are we suppose to stay if they arranged to shipped this unit to the factory, buy the way Crossroads actually had the nerve to ask us to tow it 5000 miles round trip on our dime to make repairs in the middle of our vacation. They also said they could not work on it until Feb 1/14, are you kidding me. I think Crossroads are working threw a tall pile of issues with too small of resources to pull themselves out. Mean while customers like us suffer . We would have not even made it to the factory with all our problems. Three out four slides have failed etc.................... and 68 other problems and counting.
You've got more patience than I have. My attorney would be doing the talking to Crossroads. There is no excuse for this sort of mess.

Back to the Schwintek slides. There is no way that system is heavy enough to be used for a kitchen slide. I've seen hydraulics struggle to pull them in. I've seen one of the motors out, and it can't be over 2" in diameter. The independent service man I use for warranty work said the problem with a lot of them was the hole in the wall was too small. Back when I still communicated with the dealer, they told me the big motorhome manufacturers were going to the Schwintek systems. That is scarey.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
Old 12-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #72
Gone Traveling

I am assuming our kitchen slide is over loaded or not built strong enough or to schwintec specs. All i know is the floors are bending or defecting around the rollers and is causing damage to cupboards and the floors. The rollers are so overloaded they refuse to roll when the slide travels in and out and damaging the underbelly material. We have been broken down for 22 days now on our vacation. I will give Mark Quinn and Ron Howard from Crossroads until end of business day today Dec 2/13 to respond to my emails from the last 8 days or i will start calling Tuesday morning hour on the hour until i get some answers. I understand our parts for our broken second schwintec slide have arrived . That took 8 days to get those parts apparently air freighted....not sure what the delay was?
Crossroads have sent another two motors, two harnesses and a new brain box. They have also sent us a new surround sound system to replace our defective unit.
I will keep you up to date how things are progressing
Old 12-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #73
Seasonal Camper

How about some pictures of the problems?
Old 12-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #74
Gone Traveling

what kind of pictures , pictures really do any Justus. Anyone is welcome to come down to RV Renovators in Mesa AZ @ 2145 East Main st 85213 and see for themselves .We where told a repersentative from Lippert frames division can not even inspect our unit until Dec 17/13 I estimate we will be here stuck hear for 60 plus days.. Was there anything specific you wold like to see pictures of?
Old 12-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #75
Seasonal Camper

The kitchen slide roller problem.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #76
Full Time Camper

KGlenn,

Not that I don't believe your story because I do, but this whole thing is unbelievable to me that you guys are having this many problems with a brand new higher end camper. I feel horrible for you guys and hope in the end something positive comes out of this and if Crossroads isn't bending over backwards for you guys, shame on them.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
Old 12-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #77
Full Time Camper

I can't hardly imagine how you could even continue with your vacation!

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Old 12-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #78
Seasonal Camper

So, I'm curious about the rollers you speak of. I looked at the Lippert site, and it looks to me like the aluminum gear racks on the sides of the slides support the weight. Is Crossroads adding rollers under the floor? The flooring on the slides is not very sturdy. I know our LR/DR slide flexes bad when I step on it. It has not been a problem tho. Our hydraulic slides use a plastic threshold to raise the slide as it comes in.

http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/sa...tek_inwall.pdf

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
Old 12-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #79
Gone Traveling

Day 25 and still broken down with our 2013 Rushmore Washington model. Crossroads has stop the remainder of our 30 plus repairs. We are still waiting until Dec 17 for a factory rep from Lippert to inspect our pin box travel which is causing our closet and walls to be pulled apart. Our pin box travels 1.5 inches under load before starting to lift the fifth wheel. We area afraid to tow this unit down the road. It must be bad for Lippert rep to send out a rep after sending them the requested measurements and travels of the pin box. There seems to have more travel on one slide than the other.......usually a sign there is problems.
I will take some pictures of the rollers and post them soon. We want Crossroads to authorize the completion of our 68 repairs with 30 repair been completed.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #80
Seasonal Camper

Somebody here had to have their pin box braced at the factory on a new unit, there's a thread with pictures somewhere.