Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #1
New Camper

2013 Elevation 4012 main slide problems

After several month of looking for a higher end new toy hauler we had narrowed it down to a 2013 Elevation toy hauler. We had purchased it new in 2013 and had started to enjoy the trailer. Little problems had popped up "to be expected" and we had them fixed.

In 2015 we had experienced the first of the major problems with the main slide out. The right motor had gone out and the slide out was none operational. We took the trailer to our local service department and they had fixed it.

Less than a year later the SAME motor had gone out while we were about 400 miles from home and on a Sunday. No one was available to help us.
After manually sliding the LARGE slide out back "which is not easy with a wife and two young children" we continued on our way. As we reached our camping destination i had contacted Crossroads by telephone and asked for direction as to getting the motor fixed again.

The individual that i spoke to in the costumer service department was rude and was not willing to assist us in getting the unit fixed. He just kept saying that the unit was out of warranty. I had told him that I had been reading and the slide motor has been an issue with several of the trailers that Crossroads had manufactured. Very frustrated I had hung up and looked at other options for us to get the trailer serviced.

A few days go by and another Elevation pulled into the campground and I had spoke to the owner. He had a 2015 Elevation and just had his 3rd large slide out motor replaced.

Sorry so long but REALLY frustrated with our high end trailer. Does anyone know of a fix whether a larger motor, converting to a hydraulic ram system or another fix. Not sure why they would put such a poor motor on a HEAVY slide out and not have an option for a hand crank if the motor fails again.
K9blitz is offline   Reply With Quote