Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Going to replace the gp 24 battery with two gp29 batteries & i see the hose for the vent for the one battery,but what do you do for two?Is the vent in the battery covers enough?Also do you put the batteries in a rubbermaid container or is placing them on some type of mat good enough?I just looked at the battery & it looked like there was only one wire on - & one on +,Seem to me shouldnt there be a gound wire also,When i had our TT there was at two on the + & one on the -.Thanks
Old 04-18-2010, 03:58 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

When I picked up my rv the dealer had put in dual batteries one in each of a battery box. The vent hole at the top was left open and there seems to be plenty of ventilation there. Each battery box has small vent holes in the lidas well. The boxes keep them contained in case of spills or such. As for wiring I suppose it depends on how the unit is wired. I have 2 + wires, one goes directly to the main slide and the other to the converter. Almost looks like and after thought really. So when I have both batteries connected there are 3 wires under 1 + terminal. I tried to reroute them but they aren't quite long enough and has never been an issue. The ground wire maybe going to some place you can not see. Mine are all in plain view reight above the batteries.

I'm a little bit surprised that with the Patriot edition dual batteries wasn't standard having power rear jacks, awning, and some other goodies.

'06 F-250 SD V-10

SCT custom tuned

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/SDC12617.jpg
ryeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:13 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I have a quad slide unit, with power rear stabilizers and a power awning, and I have one battery, I repalced the group 24 with a group 27, works great never have any problem..

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:56 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Howdy
We have 09 30sk .The single batty it came with was mounted in a batty box in the front compartment. I converted to 2 6 volt trojans. I screwed a plastic container LID(Walmart ) to the floor placed the 2 battys in sitting on strips of putty channeled the wiring thru a hole in the side of the bottom part of the container. also put a vent hole on the top & channeled it out with the existing vent hose. Now to check battys I just lift the lid off. Works like a charm
Cal