Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   CrossRoads RV Family Forum > CrossRoads | Tech > General RV Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2023, 03:21 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Accessing shower connection to change spigot-faucet?

After looking at a number of videos on Youtube it seems many have easier access than me (although a few have even less). Mine only has this hole under the spigot (whose covering unscrews). Only by using my camera can I see what's going on. I can't pull the water hose connections out to where I can get at them better because they just go in their own holes in the wall. I see there are what seem to be some type of squeeze clamps holding the hose on to the spigot. There is water leaking from somewhere in these connections behind the shower wall. Also the front has a lot of water coming from the spigot. Any advice on the best way for me to tackle this would be appreciated? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d access point in shower.jpg (94.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg a white connection in wall.jpg (54.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg b shower spigot front after loosening.jpg (55.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg c connection to spigot inside wall .jpg (30.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 11-26-2023, 06:29 PM   #2
Site Team

The black know is your water connection. Don't remove the pex clamp.
The big white know with wings is your connection that holds fixture to the wall.
If you can turn the black know to get the water connection off, then the white knob to release the fixture from the wall.
Is there a cabinet opposite side of the shower wall? I have a wooden access panel in the cabinet that I remove to get to the back of the shower fixture.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 06:42 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
The black know is your water connection. Don't remove the pex clamp.
The big white know with wings is your connection that holds fixture to the wall.
If you can turn the black know to get the water connection off, then the white knob to release the fixture from the wall.
Is there a cabinet opposite side of the shower wall? I have a wooden access panel in the cabinet that I remove to get to the back of the shower fixture.
Appreciate the reply. In the photo of the closet right behind the shower spigot I took the lower cover off and there's just another piece of thin wood there. The washer connection cover didn't easily come off but it seems I'd just see that same piece of wood there. It seems to be pretty much at the same height as the shower spigot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inside washer closet.jpg (285.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 12-03-2023, 06:56 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I replaced the shower taps this past Spring as they had sprung a leak as well. Mine are located in the corner of the shower and access is gained by taking the big plastic ring off. First unscrew the center piece and take the outer trim ring off as well. I found that my hands were being cut by the ends of the screws when I was trying to unhook the water lines.

There is not much room to work in and everything is by feel. The water lines are usually put on hand tight but over time they may stick a bit where you may need a wrench to get it started. Once you get the water lines off (don't worry they wont drop behind the wall) then you can unscrew the white knobs that hold the fixture on. Once you have that off clean the shower area where they were attached as there is usually a build up of gunk.

Look through the hole and check the washer that is on the inside of the water line fixture. Sometimes they get deformed and should be replaced and could be the reason it was leaking back there. I purchased individual washers at an RV dealer but were not worth the money. Cheap enough to purchase new PVC fittings just to get the washer out of them to replace the old ones if needed as they are of a better quality.

I actually installed shut off valves on the water lines with the valve being right at the access hole level. I purchased the pec pipe and clamps and cut them to fit, installed the taps and sealed everything. No leaks after 10,000 miles this summer.

Good luck.