Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2021, 07:54 AM   #1
New Camper

Renogy 2000w inverter charger

I recently bought a 2000w Renogy inverter charger for my 2019 Cruise Aire 29SI. I've got it mounted in the battery compartment with the Renogy 500a battery monitor. I've got about everything I think I need to get it wired in.
I'm looking for advice on mounting the subpanel and not deconstructing my camper to get it done. HELP
Shelley (retired) Roy (voluntarily unemployed)
Roy Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 08:53 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Well I have a 29mk. And I removed wires from main panel and routed them to crawl space. Then put in panel to feed my victron inverter charger from there. This way I saved a bit on wiring. I installed my inverter I front compartment with batteries. I also installed the surge protect in the crawl/through storage space.
Airborne Elite Sidewinder pin, Maxx air 7500 Fan
2015 GMC LTZ,6.2 Gas, Short Box, Firestone F3 air ride.
Bilstein Shocks
Miniozzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:17 AM   #3
New Camper

wireing

Were the 120v wires long enough? I'm thinking I'll have to add a junction box and wire-nut about 18inch to get to my sub panel. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of load have you put on your inverter and for how long?
Old 02-08-2021, 11:36 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniozzy3 View Post
Well I have a 29mk. And I removed wires from main panel and routed them to crawl space. Then put in panel to feed my victron inverter charger from there. This way I saved a bit on wiring. I installed my inverter I front compartment with batteries. I also installed the surge protect in the crawl/through storage space.

Do they figure it's OK to install the inverter in the same compartment as the batteries?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:49 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

The wires for my 120 come up through floor in my belly through storage. Then go to panel in kitchen. I just removed them from converter and installed the surge guard in the divider in crawl through. Then to a breaker then to inverter. Then 120v from inverter back to original panel.
The inverter I have will charge 12vdc @100amp. And will invert 3000w continuous. And peak somewhere around 5000w. I’ve never pushed it that far. The victron also has a built in transfer switch and and battery assist built in. So I can run everything on a 15 amp breaker if I want. I eventually installed a micro air easy start in the a/c , because it was loading up my generator to much. But not I can actually run the a/c for about 4-6 hrs with solar and batteries if needed.
But I try never to do that. It’s just crazy hard on batteries to pull that many amps. Worse if the sun goes behind a cloud.
Bilstein Shocks
Old 02-08-2021, 02:51 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Well if you have batteries in a externally vented box. Then no issue with being in same compartment. AGM are not supposed to vent. So they don’t need to be in separate box. I run lithium and definitely no need for a vent.
Bilstein Shocks
Old 02-08-2021, 06:40 PM   #7
Site Team

All good points. I have the flooded. So I guess that's what I was thinking of.
I just seem to remember when I installed my system, they advised not to have that equipment in the same compartment.
That was back before there was much talk of AGM and lithium was pretty much out of the park.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:40 AM   #8
New Camper

Thank you guys for your information. I'll plan to do everything but the actual 120v connection. I'll have the local dealer do that. As far as usage goes, we hope that we can run a fan in the bedroom, the TV and maybe the microwave. One night in Nebraska at 98 and no generator allowed convinced us that we had to do something.