Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2023, 09:17 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to papabear
slide rubber seals

I have a 2012 Crossroad Cruiser Patriot 5th wheel. I am looking for someone that has done this and what kind of seals and where you got them from.
I have looked the internet and there is a few out there but hard to find the one's to fit my camper.
Have looked into having a dealer do it and they are anywhere from $1200 to $1500 to do the 3 slides.
Going to try and do it myself.
Any help apprescreated.
papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 01:46 PM   #2
Site Team

Just to clarify, Are you talking the bulb seals, or the wipers, or both.
Some of the guys have done it. I personally have not. Hopefully some of them will jump in here and help you out.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 01:55 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to papabear
Yes, the bulb and wiper all together

2012 Cruiser Patriot Edition 335SS

2014 F250 4X4 Super Duty Diesel

https://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/IMG_1120.jpg
papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 06:33 PM   #4
Site Team

Here is a link to some youtube videos on replacing slide seals. Maybe you can find some answers there if nobody here has an answer for you.
The first video provides info for ordering what you will need, and where to order from.

Good luck with the job.
https://www.google.com/search?client...riot+5th+wheel.
Old 10-01-2023, 09:42 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I bought a roll from amazon and did the work myself. just a few minutes each. also bought a can of seal conditioner to wipe on the other slide seals. did the living room slide on our cr28rd 5th wheel. there is an inner and an outer on each end of the slide.
Old 10-01-2023, 01:56 PM   #6
Site Team

Look here for seals. Then check Amazon.
https://www.steelerubber.com/camper-rv

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 02:34 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I bought these:
35$ or so

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B4BHF138?th=1
Old 10-05-2023, 03:32 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Send a message via MSN to KECoats
Easier than you might think

Quote:
Originally Posted by runamuck View Post
I bought a roll from amazon and did the work myself. just a few minutes each. also bought a can of seal conditioner to wipe on the other slide seals. did the living room slide on our cr28rd 5th wheel. there is an inner and an outer on each end of the slide.
Same here, replaced 3 seals on 4 slides in one afternoon including taking the old ones off after fretting and sweating about it for a month. The worry was 12 times worse than actually replacing the 12 seals.
KECoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 04:09 PM   #9
New Camper

Hi,

It can be a tricky job. My crossroads has wipers both in and outside. The bedroom slide has to be pulled to install new wipes. The whole job cost me 2500 from a 4.5 star trailer dealer. He did a great job. If you want to do it yourself, at the very least, research it on YouTube. Good luck!
Rpmuise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 04:53 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

I was lucky, on my cr28rd they are easy to get to and easy to carefully pull out. new ones just push right in. next issue for me is to figure out how to keep both my propane doors from popping open while on the road. I have a small aluminum channel across each one and screwed into the frame at each end. without that they bow out and become unfastened. I have even removed the tie down bands and rotated them to where the latch is not in the doorway. thinking of mounting a strip of aluminum angle to latch side of frame so there is more area for the latches to bear on.
Old 10-05-2023, 06:16 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by runamuck View Post
I was lucky, on my cr28rd they are easy to get to and easy to carefully pull out. new ones just push right in. next issue for me is to figure out how to keep both my propane doors from popping open while on the road. I have a small aluminum channel across each one and screwed into the frame at each end. without that they bow out and become unfastened. I have even removed the tie down bands and rotated them to where the latch is not in the doorway. thinking of mounting a strip of aluminum angle to latch side of frame so there is more area for the latches to bear on.

It would be better to start a new thread posting about your issue with the propane doors.
That way this thread stays with slide seals.