Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2023, 12:27 PM   #1
New Camper

Question Hello, friends

We have a 2021 Crossroads Cruiser 3841FL. Love it! We had a terrible walk-through when we bought it, so we’re learning things the hard way. Our current issue is a stinky toilet. We just found out from a mobile tech that we have a black tank flush.

I’d appreciate it is someone would explain the steps they go through in performing the flush. I’m also wondering if you use your city water hose or if you have a dedicated hose for the job.

I’m hoping you folks can help me!
Jootsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 01:19 PM   #2
Site Team

Hello and welcome.

This is our set up from the spigot. Regulator/ filter/hose/Y with shutoffs /Blue hose to the city water inlet/ red hose to shutoff to black flush inlet.

When we dump we shut off water at the y to the fresh inlet and turn on at y to the black flush. Turn shut off on and begin adding water to black tank while wife watches down the toilet with flapper open. When she sees water in pipe she tells me I turn off shutoff and pull black dump handle to dump tank. Watch clear pipe for water to stop flowing. Close dump valve and repeat until there is nothing but clear water coming out. Turn off shutoff on black tank flush. This may take 1 or 2 fills. Then close dump valve and dump both gray tanks. Shut off y to tank flush and open y to Fresh fill. Wife puts 2 toilet bowls full of water in tank then adds chemical followed by 2 more bowls of water and we are done.

This is what we do at a full hook up site or at home. Would have to be modified for a dump station.

Again this is our way other's will have there way.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 06:05 PM   #3
Site Team

Sounds like what I do. Only difference is I keep the water pressure regulator on the city water inlet, since it is inside the door. You go to have that clear elbow for the sewer hose to see the "color" of the rinse water.
I also place some dawn down the gray sinks and some water to loosen up any grease that is laying in the gray tanks. I drive home and then dump it out at into a 5 gallon bucket.
Works for me.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 09:47 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Yes have a dedicated hose for black tank flush. Make sure you leave black tank closed until you dump or you’ll get clog ups. Always close gray tank valve before you dump black tank. Like said get a clear elbow to attach at the dump so you can see what comes out. Never leave flush on unattended with a forgetful mind( don’t ask, lol).

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 09:50 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Also, off topic. If you don’t have a surge protection. Get one. I recommend progressive industries. They warranty theirs for life.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blac tank flush, black tank