Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #61
Weekend Camper

Old 10-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #62
Weekend Camper

Th Model # is 32C120U

Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #63
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momojito
HELP
The story gets better. I am trying to do what you have suggested but my set above the Fireplace has no output jacks on the back. My TV in the back bedroom has the output jacks. I am one unhappy camper. Big Time. They are supposed to be the same TV 32" Toshiba
I called Crossroads. They want me to send pictures. That is what I am doing now.

Very few newer tv's come with analog audio outputs and the low end Toshiba that came with our unit didn't. In our case we use a satellite receiver so it's an easy solution. HDMI to the tv and RCA audio to the Jensen.

2014 F350 6.7 PSD
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #64
Weekend Camper

Quote:
The model # is 32C120U July 2012

http://us.toshiba.com/tv/lcd/32c120u/

That's what it says the back panel looks like, and it shows audio outputs. Yours not the same?
wikdslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #65
Weekend Camper

wikdslo
OK I see my confusion. The fireplace TV is not the same model as the Back bedroom TV. The inputs and out puts are a little different. I think that is my confusion. I am burnt out with all of this. Lets see if I can figure this out? The new cable ( Red and White) plug into the TVs Audio R&W audio output. The other end plugs into the Jensen AUX 1 R&W input.
Now the existing R,W & yellow Cables Go from the jensen Line output To the TVs R&W audio input ( which is to the left of the R&W audio output jacks on the back of the TV) and the Yellow Video jack plugs into the Green input on the back of the TV.
Do I have it now??
The back bedroom TV is Model # 32C110U1 which the output is the input and it has separate video output jacks below the cluster of jacks. Google it and you will see the confusion. Hopefully I have it right now. If you tell me this is correct I will hook it up tomorrow.
</span>

Edited by: momojito
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #66
Weekend Camper

Quote:

wikdslo
OK I see my confusion. The fireplace TV is not the same model as the Back bedroom TV. The inputs and out puts are a little different. I think that is my confusion. I am burnt out with all of this. Lets see if I can figure this out? The new cable ( Red and White) plug into the TVs Audio R&amp;W audio output. The other end plugs into the Jensen AUX 1 R&amp;W input.
Now the existing R,W &amp; yellow Cables Go from the jensen Line output To the TVs R&amp;W audio input ( which is to the left of the R&amp;W audio output jacks on the back of the TV) and the Yellow Video jack plugs into the Green input on the back of the TV.
Do I have it now??</span>

Sure do! Just remember, that when you plug the yellow cable into the "Green" input for video, there is a setting in the TV that has to be changed to allow it to go from a Composite input (Red/Green/Blue video) to regular (Yellow) input. Just in case you turn it to that video input and it's all.... Green ! or something of the sort.

</span>
Quote:

The back bedroom TV is Model # 32C110U1 which the output is the input and it has separate video output jacks below the cluster of jacks. Google it and you will see the confusion. Hopefully I have it right now. If you tell me this is correct I will hook it up tomorrow.
</span>

Yup, googled it and it looks like that TV has no ability to output Audio. Really strange, and Toshiba doesn't even list much in the way of product specs for it. I had to find the manual online elsewhere.
It looks like it only has an Optical audio output, which is kinda silly and mostly useless these days. Looks like that one just can't output audio to the 970. The only thing you would be able to do is if you ever get satellite, then you could use the satellite receivers audio outputs and route them into the 970.

Other than that, there aren't any other workarounds!

</span>

Old 10-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #67
Weekend Camper

The Bedroom TV set has an audio R&amp;W output on the back. For some reason Toshiba does not mention it or show it in their specs for that model. It is located below all the cluster of jack inputs on the back right hand side. That is what threw me off with the front TV set. I expected to see the audio output jacks on the front set thinking they were the same model.
Anyway thank you very much for your help.
BTW Check out the holes in the AC. See if you have that issue. Dometic told me they are supposed to be plugged up by the MFG. They were put their if a heat strip was installed with the AC.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #68
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Anyway thank you very much for your help.
BTW Check out the holes in the AC. See if you have that issue. Dometic told me they are supposed to be plugged up by the MFG. They were put their if a heat strip was installed with the AC.

Np.

Will do. I'll be reading your posts on the issue soon enough.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:16 AM   #69
Weekend Camper

wikdslo
I did the fix as you suggested and it solves this problem. It has been almost a week now since I sent Pics about this to Crossroads and have not heard a reply back from them. They should pay you for solving this issue. How sad it is.
Thanks again

Old 10-10-2012, 03:37 AM   #70
Weekend Camper

Quote:
wikdslo
I did the fix as you suggested and it solves this problem. It has been almost a week now since I sent Pics about this to Crossroads and have not heard a reply back from them. They should pay you for solving this issue. How sad it is.
Thanks again

No sweat. Glad to hear it.

Interestingly enough, I told them about this over a month ago, and detailed everything to them and then some in hopes that they would confirm what I was saying, and use that info to help other customers in the same situation. Seems that the information stopped with the rep I talked with, Mark Quinn.

I think I also passed that info along to Tony McDowell a short time later, but again, seems that it didn't go anywhere.

I did so in hopes that they could help other people (like yourself). In your case, you even had the correct devices, just not the correct wiring from the factory.

Kind of sad when you think about it.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #71
Full Time Camper

I'm wondering about the same problem with my new '13 25rb...
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #72
Full Time Camper

Charles Email is out of service.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:10 AM   #73
Weekend Camper

Just discovered I have the same problem!!!
This was the email I got

This is as per design. There is an upgrade DVD player that is available
through your dealer if you wish to purchase it, I believe it is the model
970 if my memory serves.

Bill Stout
Warranty / Tech Support / Customer Care
Crossroads RV Company

Guess the repair on page 4 is my solution

Greg
Supercrutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:34 AM   #74
Full Time Camper

What about adding 2 speakers into the bedroom on the pillars on either side of the tv (when it is turned to bed side) ,or in the ceiling and hooking them up to "C" speaker output(which is not in use) on the original Jenson. And shut off A(inside) and B outside)speakers . Would that work with playing a dvd??

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:54 AM   #75
Weekend Camper

Yep should work !!
Wire already there hey!!
Either way I'm not purchasing a updated Jensen

Greg
Supercrutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:07 AM   #76
Seasonal Camper

Mine came with the Genesis Technologies 2.0 and Sansui TV. I have no issues with this. Just though I would let you know, looks like they must have went a different route. Mine was built in Dec. 2012
Old 04-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #77
Full Time Camper

I have a 965 but the data sheet in my TT says I'm supposed to have a 970. Check your data sheets.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #78
Weekend Camper

Definitely not how it was deisgned, that's for sure. I went through this with a few of their staff over there. They had the wires plugged in like it was supposed to. Told me it would. Told me to recheck the installation.

Then sent me out a unit that actually has the ability to play audio from the Jensen (AWM970) to the TV.

That it was by design is a damage control for someones error, and they don't want to pay for it anymore.

I can even post up THEIR INSTALLATION GUIDE stating how to wire the cables for that very purpose. They just didn't know that the AWM965 only has audio input, no audio output.

C'est la vie.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #79
Full Time Camper

Ireceivedmy new 970 the other day. And it came with a step by step guide that proves they have done this before.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #80
Seasonal Camper

Thanks to all that knew the audio jacks on the 965 were inputs. Mine were also hooked up input to input. Now I can play the TV audio through the ceiling speakers. Because I hooked up a free standing blu-ray player to the HDMI inputs on the TV I can now play DVDs over either set of speakers. Now I just have to figure out how to get the HDMI cable through the inside of the entertainment center past the fireplace to the cubby next to the Jensen.
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote